I'm a Celebrity Forum

Please Join Now!
Or, if your already one of our amazing members, log in!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

I'm a Celebrity Forum

Please Join Now!
Or, if your already one of our amazing members, log in!

I'm a Celebrity Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the TV show, I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here!

+2
Jen
Admin
6 posters

Camilla leaves the jungle!

Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Camilla leaves the jungle! Empty Camilla leaves the jungle!

Post  Admin Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:45 pm

(From Daily Mail)

After three days of jungle hell, Strictly Come Dancing star Camilla Dallerup has quit the reality show and made a shocking departure from the celebrity camp.

The ballroom dancer is the first jungle casualty of the new series of I’m A Celebrity.

Dallerup repeatedly broke down in tears in the camp as she struggled to cope with the jungle conditions, but it finally became too much for her and she screamed, ‘I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here!’

Boxing star Joe Bugner, who became one of the sport’s most hated villains in Britain after he beat Henry Cooper for the heavyweight title in 1971, is already lined up to replace her.

Viewers watched How Clean Is Your Home star Kim Woodburn and Misteeq singer Sabrina Washington comfort the frail and frightened dancer during yesterday’s show where Camilla admitted: ‘I just can’t sleep properly and I can’t think properly.

‘My brain’s not working. It’s only three days in, so what’s going to happen after this?

‘I’m scared because I don’t want to put my health in danger and I can’t think straight.’

Ex-Hollyoaks actor Stuart Manning comforted the sobbing star earlier in the day, but the 35-year-old dancer explained: ‘I’ve never felt this weak.

‘I’m thinking what a hard job it is to get to the shower.

‘I feel useless being here so tired. You can’t help anyone.’

The celebrity camper repeatedly visited the Bush Telegraph to have crisis talks with producers of the show who didn’t want to see the star leave.

However, with the prospect of another sleepless night in the scary jungle looming, the professional dancer decided to call it quits.

The news will come as a relief to Dallerup's fiancé, Hollyoaks star Kevin Sacre.

The 31-year-old actor revealed he was terrified when he first heard about Camilla’s appearance on the show.

Speaking to Closer magazine earlier this week, he admitted: ‘When I first heard she was going to do it, I felt proud and frightened all at once.

‘I’m scared for her. It’s tough in the jungle. I couldn’t do it.’

Camilla said she signed up to the show when she left Strictly to 'do something completely out of my comfort zone.'

'I wanted to be the person who was learning and nervous just like the celebs I used to dance with.', she told Now magazine.

Sources say notorious boxer Bugner is gearing up to go into the jungle to take her place.

Bugner's 1971 opponent Cooper never forgave the match referee Harry Gibbs for awarding the fight and title by a quarter of a point after 15 rounds.

The public outcry and anger over his defeat of Cooper forced Bugner to emigrate to Australia and the pair did not speak for 37 years – only making their peace in 2008.

Bugner, who is now fighting a crippling spinal injury with regular doses of morphine, recently confessed: 'If I had known what the repercussions of that fight were going to be, I never would have stepped into the ring.

'I never wanted to be the man who ended Henry's career. I had no idea that was to be his last fight.

'My biggest regret is I took the opportunity away from Henry to finish at the top. If he had won that night, I would still be living in Britain.’

Bugner went on to have a successful boxing career, including a fight against Muhammad Ali, and became the oldest heavyweight champion in history at the age of 48 in 1998.

His finances have struggled recently after he made a disastrous investment in an Australian vineyard near his home on the Gold Coast.

The shocking departure is expected to be revealed on tonight’s show.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1228850/Im-A-Celebrity-Camilla-Dallerup-quits-jungle-just-days.html#ixzz0XFXqYIRX
    Jen
    Jen
    Dunny Dweller
    Dunny Dweller

Camilla leaves the jungle! Empty Re: Camilla leaves the jungle!

Post  Jen Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:11 pm

Feeling a bit sorry for her, but it was the right move to make.
    She looked terrible. Good luck, Camilla Smile
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:12 am

Yeah, if she didn't walk, the medics would have made her leave.
    Jen
    Jen
    Dunny Dweller
    Dunny Dweller

Post  Jen Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:55 am

They told her she had to I think
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:03 am

She'd never even been camping before, so i'm not that shocked. She doesn't seem like an outdoors kind of girl.
    ANT&DEC4BUSHTUCKER
    ANT&DEC4BUSHTUCKER
    Dunny Dweller
    Dunny Dweller

Post  ANT&DEC4BUSHTUCKER Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:02 am

Well, the blunt part of her leaving is that... It's better that way, she's kinda pulling the camp down What a Face
    Jen
    Jen
    Dunny Dweller
    Dunny Dweller

Post  Jen Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:26 am

Yeah she was kinda. Smile
    olla86
    olla86

Post  olla86 Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:17 am

I feel sorry for her... Neutral
    eylem1970
    Jungle Ameteur
    Jungle Ameteur

Post  eylem1970 Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:27 am

GarminForerunner

Post  GarminForerunner Mon May 09, 2011 1:11 pm

The public outcry and anger over his defeat of Cooper forced Bugner to emigrate to Australia and the pair did not speak for 37 years – only making their peace in 2008.

Suspection

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 8:12 am